As a condition of membership, all schools shall adopt policies prohibiting the use and abuse of androgenic/anabolic steroids. All member schools shall have participating students and their parent(s)/guardian(s)/caregiver agree that the athlete will not use steroids without the written prescription of a fully licensed physician (as recognized by the AMA) to treat a medical condition.
What to do if you suspect drug use
- Remember you are not alone, there is plenty of help.
- Document the specific behaviors/signs that have made you suspect use.
- Talk with the person about your specific concerns.
- Listen to the person.
- Let the person know of your expectations.
- Let the person know you are willing to help them meet these expectations.
- Hold the person and yourself accountable, follow through and don't enable sickness.
Information on Steroids
National Institute on Drug Abuse - A great resource to find information about physical and psychological effects of anabolic steroid use
Taylor Hooton Foundation - The foundation's primary objective is to raise awareness among the general population about the dangers of steroid abuse