SACRAMENTO – Highlights from the 2018 CIF State Basketball Championships.
Open Division Boys: Sierra Canyon def. Sheldon, 75-62
- Sierra Canyon (27-4) won their second State Championship in as many appearances, shooting 46.4% for the night and 82.6% from the charity stripe.
- Trailblazers junior Cassius led all scorers with 23 points, followed by fellow junior Scott Pippen and senior Duane Washington who contributed 21 and 14 points respectively.
- Sheldon (29-6) was led by senior Dale Currie’s 20 points.
Open Division Girls: Windward def. Pinewood, 58-47
- Windward (27-3) won their third State crown in their fifth appearance, shooting 40.4% from the floor and 41.7% from beyond the arc.
- Wildcats junior Charisma Osborne led all scorers with 26 points.
- Pinewood (27-3) was led by junior Klara Astrom with 15 points, followed by freshman Courtni Thompson with 14 points.
Division I Boys: Chino Hills def. Las Lomas, 73-68
- Chino Hills (26-11) won their second State title in their third attempt, as they shot 54.9% from the floor in the win.
- Junior Onyeka Okongwu was the leader of the night with his double-double of 27 points and 14 boards, followed by senior Ofure Ujadghele who contributed 20 points and eight rebounds for the Huskies.
- Las Lomas (31-4) was led by senior Robert Prince with 24 points and seven boards.
Division I Girls: Serra def. Sacred Heart Cathedral, 70-54
- Serra (26-8) won their second State Championship in their third appearance.
- Senior Cheyenne Givens led all scorers with 20 points, including a perfect 6-of-6 from the floor, followed by junior Alexis Tucker with 19 points and nine boards.
- Senior Gianna Silvestri led Sacred Heart Cathedral (15-15) with 14 points, while fellow senior Rainah Smith was the game-leader on the glass with 12 rebounds.
Division II Boys: Crossroads def. Alameda, 59-53
- Crossroads (25-9) won their third State title in their sixth appearance.
- Senior Shareef O’Neal was the leader of the night with his double-double of 29 points and 17 rebounds in the win.
- Alameda (28-6) was led by senior Benno Zecic with 16 points, followed by fellow senior Kingsley Obiorah with his double-double of 10 points and 10 boards.
Division II Girls: Redondo Union def. Pleasant Valley, 57-42
- Redondo Union (31-5) won their first State Championship in their second appearance.
- As a team the Sea Hawks shot 44.4% from the floor and 82.4% from the line.
- Sophomore Alyssa Munn led Redondo Union with 17 points in the win.
- Senior Sirena Tuitele of Pleasant Valley (25-5) was the leader of the game with her double-double of 21 points and 10 rebounds.
Division III Boys: Pleasant Valley def. Notre Dame, 70-65
- Pleasant Valley (32-2) won their first State title in their first appearance, while shooting 51% for the night.
- Vikings senior Kevin Kremer was the leader of the game with his double-double of 28 points and 13 rebounds, including five assists.
- Notre Dame (33-4) was led by junior Anthony Holland’s double-double of 21 points and 10 boards.
Division III Girls: West Campus def. Sunny Hills, 75-47
- West Campus (29-7) won their second consecutive State Championship in as many attempts.
- As a team the Warriors shot 45.3% from the floor and 45.8% from beyond the arc.
- West Campus was led by sophomore Juliana Edinburgh’s double-double of 23 points and 12 rebounds, followed by senior Kiara Jefferson’s 21 points.
- Sunny Hills (24-11) duo senior Kayli Arii and junior Jessica Barrow with 15 points each.
Division IV Boys: View Park def. Stuart Hall, 74-62
- View Park (27-8) returned to the State finals for the first time since 2007 to capture their first State title.
- As a team View Park shot an impressive 55.4% from the floor. The Knights were led by freshman Christian Johnson’s 22 points.
- Junior Miles Amos let Stuart Hall (23-12) with 21 points in the loss.
Division IV Girls: Rolling Hills Prep def. Priory, 57-53
- Rolling Hills Prep (31-2) won their first State Championship in their second consecutive attempt.
- Sophomore duo Aly Maxey and Macy Pakele (10 rebounds) led the Huskies with 16 points each, followed by freshman Clarice Akunwafo with 12 points and 10 boards.
- Priory (17-15) junior Ila Lane was the leader of the game with her double-double of 20 points and 17 rebounds.
Division V Boys: Santa Clarita Christian def. Argonaut, 78-66
- Santa Clarita Christian (26-9) won their first State crown in their first appearance.
- As a team the Cardinals shot 53.2% from the floor in the win.
- Senior Jordan Starr led the Cardinals with his double-double of 21 points and 10 assists, while junior Justin Collins also contributed 21 points in the victory.
- Senior Adison Cramer of Argonaut (29-6) was the leader of the game with 29 points and 10 boards.
Division V Girls: Sierra Pacific def. Lowell, 52-26
- Sierra Pacific (32-5) won their first State Championship in their first try.
- Sophomore Alana Roberts of the Golden Bears was the leader of the day with her double-double of 20 points and 12 boards.
- Lowell (20-12) was led by junior Sammy Quach with 8 points.